Ask the Ophthalmologist

What Is RPE (Retinal Pigment Epithelium) Dropout?

With there being several types of eye conditions and problems, it can be hard to know what type of issue you are dealing with. Although there’s nothing like meeting with a professional eye care specialist and no better way to get the most accurate information than from a ophthalmologist, it can still benefit you to learn about different types of eye conditions, like Retinal Pigment Epithelium dropout.
Retinal Pigment Epithelium
The Retinal Pigment Epithelium, or RPE, is a specific layer for the retina of the eye. The RPE plays a critical role in the care of cells in the retina. When the RPE is enlarged in thickness, it can have a dark colored appearance.
Causes of RPE Hypertrophy
There are different types of RPE hypertrophy. Congenital retinal pigment epithelial hypertrophy can be present since as early as birth. Like a mole in […]

Ask the Ophthalmologist: Can a Person get Herpes in the Eye?

Can a person get Herpes in the eye?

Ask the Ophthalmologist: Eye Exam after Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

I was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and my doctor said I should have a eye exam.

Ask the Ophthalmologist: Mature Cataract

I recently moved to Florida and my doctor up north said my cataract was not mature yet. How long does usually take and when should I see a doctor again?

Ask the Ophthalmologist

What is an Optical Migraine? Can I have Lasik if I have dry eyes? I have Lupus; can it affect my vision because I have noticed a change since I was diagnosed?